Keto diets are gaining popularity in circles of people who are looking for a good health and well-being. The term "keto Genesis" describes the process of creating a body of special organic compounds — ketones, which act as a source of energy (except fatty acids), when the carbohydrate intake decreases.
So, the keto diet is inherently a high intake of protein and fats and very low amounts of carbohydrates. In the result, the body must use fat and ketone bodies for energy, not glucose from carbohydrates.
The Keto diet is becoming one of the major destination for enthusiasts of health and fitness, thanks to the many clinical studies confirming its therapeutic properties. Under these advantages usually meant better mental function, more stable energy levels, more rapid weight loss and increased ability to handle stress.
Even if you already know that the keto diet — it's a food with a low content of carbohydrates, but there is still much to learn, how to stick to this system of power and without distortion to achieve results. In this guide we examine in detail the physiology and benefits of this diet, different types / variants of the power plans, and how to create your own menu (along with an example timetable for food intake).
What is the keto diet plan?
Keto diet — regime with low carbohydrate food, which includes a moderate intake of protein and a large amount of healthy fats. Reduce the consumption of carbohydrates helps your body go into a state which promotes the breakdown of fat (such as from food, so from the body) to the production of ketone bodies and enter a state known as "nutritional ketosis".
But what is ketosis? Ketosis — a natural metabolic process when your body uses fats for the biological necessity of the formation energy when the lack of nutrients (mainly carbohydrates).
In compliance with keto diet your brain, like other organs, depends on ketones as an energy source. Ketones begin to produced in the body, once you have achieved the status of income of ketosis.
What made up my plan keto diet?
A typical plan of this diet looks like this (no matter how much it lasts): 10% of the total daily calories come from healthy carbohydrates, such as leafy greens, vegetables without starch or small amounts of legumes and fruits with a high content of dietary fiber; from about 20% to 30% of the calories comes from protein, like meat and some plants; and from 60% to 70% of the calories comes from healthy fats like flaxseed oil, fish oil, avocado, nuts/seeds.
This is the approximate ratio of proteins,fats and carbohydrates, is a general measure for the whole meal for the day. The ideal ratio of nutrients, trace elements just for you, it is possible, should be slightly modified depending on your physical activity and personal goals.
How to calculate your energy needs in the keta diet, use a basic calculator needs calories per day, then the proportionate post your calories, using the above ratio of macronutrients. Remember that proteins and carbohydrates contain four calories per gram; fats contain nine calories per gram.
The basics and the rules of the keto diet
The Keto diet is more of a replacement of some sources of calories, you consume, and not on a complete revision of the power supply. The biggest difference lies in the rejection of processed foods, carbohydrates and foods with high sugar content, which is much easier than it seems, when you learn how to replace foods with a high sugar content, foods with a high content of protein and fat.
The transition to such a diet means that you eat a lot of meat, dairy products and vegetables. You will consume very little fruit, if at all you eat, and no cereals.
The Role of the protein in keto diet
People who switch to a keto diet, support the idea of human consumption of proteins and the saturation of the food. Along with a large percentage of fat, you will have to watch intake of protein. It is very important to understand how a protein works in the keto diet and how to get optimal results.
Because you virtually take away carbohydrates from your diet, and some believe that they need to increase the intake of protein. It is not so, and is in fact too much protein can actually "knock out" you out of ketosis. A common mistake lies in the fact that people are considering the keto diet as a diet with a high content of protein and fat. Is this the wrong way, as it is a diet high in fats, reasonable amounts of protein and limited amount of carbohydrates.
Foods that you can eat on a diet
In order to increase the probability of success in the form of weight loss, you will have to remove from the diet of the most harmful foods. It is important for it to avoid the temporary weakness.
The list of prohibited products:
Cereals and products starch
- Flour, pizza, pasta, bread, crackers, cereals, cookies, corn, oats, potatoes, rice and bread.
Anything with sugar
- Every refined sugar, sweets, desserts, fruit juice, milk chocolate, sweet pastries, soda, etc.
Reduce the amount of omega-6 fatty acids
- A typical diet has a ratio of fatty acids omega-6 to omega-3 20: 1. In this diet it should be no more than 4: 1.
- Stay away from the production fish and pork, because of their high content of Omega-6.
- Avoid these oils, such as soybean, rapeseed, peanut, sesame, sunflower, corn and grape.
Most of the fruit
- We recommend you to avoid most fruit, but if you decide to indulge in fruit, you can eat berries in small quantities.
- Stay away from dry fruits
- Do not consume any beans, peas or lentils, due to the high content of carbohydrates in them.
- Avoid packaged products that contain trans-fats, preservatives, added sugar and other garbage that you can't even pronounce.
- Avoid beer, sugary alcoholic drinks and sweet wine.
- Sweeteners that contain aspartame, it may cause excessive cravings for food or other problems.
Foods with low fat and low carbohydrate
- Most of these products either contain carbohydrates, and that either contain large amounts of artificial additives.
The things that you need to pay attention to before starting the diet
As with any lifestyle change, it is necessary to "enter" into the right mindset, and plan your" trip". If you do not plan your goals how to lose weight, the chances of success drop sharply. You don't want to be an ordinary person who "says" that he will change, you will want to be the man who actually makes it.
Here are 6 tips that you need to meet before they go on the keto diet:
- In your best interest to visit a specialist (a doctor and/or nutritionist) before you start this diet, to a) check blood to make sure that you have no underlying disease, and b) make sure that you have sufficient knowledge to enable you to start to eat properly, and not just throw away foods that you think are harmful, and there is quite a few.
- Get rid of all the foods that are not included in the keto-diet. Explore the fridge, the pantry, cabinets and either pass or discard all foods that are not keto-friendly.
- Learn how to read the labels on the products. Find out "who they are" macronutrients and how to count them. You need to learn the basics before you go on a keto diet.
- Gradually reduce your intake of sugar and carbohydrates. Your transition into ketosis will be much smoother if you gradually reduce the intake of carbohydrates, and not with a jump, reserve bat. The probability to deal with the "keto flu" will fall, and you will be more comfortable in the early stages of their transition to full keto mode.
- Drink enough so that your body continuously uses.
- Learn how to measure the level of ketones. It would be in your own interest to explore the levels of ketosis in the diet, so you know how to deal with any future problems.
Low-calorie ketogenic diet stimulates your body to use fat for fuel, and the clinical data confirms the effectiveness of this in weight loss. In addition, the ketogenic diet can help suppress appetite and reduce cravings for food, because ketones increase signals of satiety to the brain.
When keto diet your body uses fats and ketones as fuel instead of glucose, providing the body and brain the constant energy needed to maintain physical properties.
Options plan keto diet
Usually, it is recommended to use the standard keto diet during the initial transition to a low-carbohydrate lifestyle and in a state of ketosis. After that, as your body has become "adapt to fats as an energy supplier", you can experiment a bit and choose what plan keto diet to stick to in the long term.
Standard plan the keto-diet is best suited for people who are just starting low carbs mode and want to quickly adapt to ketózay. This plan is also suitable for those who want to improve their health and physical endurance.
If you have noticed, that strict compliance with the standard keto diet makes you lethargic and unable to train effectively during the whole week, then this is the perfect way to incorporate regular carbohydrates download through a targeted keto diet. For this consume about 30-50 grams of carbohydrate together with moderate protein and fats, as a pre-workout (up to five times a week).
Cyclical eating keto diet — it's a progressive type of ketogenic diet, which entails the intermittent "repeated" carbohydrate load in certain days of the week. For example, you can replenish the supply on 300 grams of carbohydrates, integrated into your diet (these days, you should reduce the intake of fats). It allows the body to replenish muscle glycogen and may be the best choice for very active people and those who exercise very much.
The best selection of products keto diet
Below is a complete list of the best of authorized products for choice for ketogenic power scheme:
Sources of protein
- Ground beef
- Buffalo meat
- Protein powder (whey, casein, etc.)
- Sprouts beans
- Brussels sprouts
- Cabbage (bok choy, green, red)
- Green or green beans
- Leafy greens (arugula, dandelion, spinach, chard, chicory, watercress)
- Onions (green, brown, red, shallots)
- Peppers (jalapeno, sweet, chili)
- Sugar peas, snow peas
- Water chestnuts
Oils and fats
- Sunflower oil
- Avocado oil
- Coconut oil
- Grape seed oil
- Olive oil
- Sesame oil
- Linseed oil
- Raw nuts/seeds
- Walnut butter
- Coconut milk
- Coffee / espresso
- Unsweetened tea, decaffeinated coffee (green, mint, chamomile, hibiscus, etc.)
- Mineral water (distilled or sparkling)
Spices, herbs and spices
- Cocoa (powder)
- Bone broth
- Flavored extracts (almond, vanilla, etc.)
- Herbs fresh or dried (dill, basil, onion, coriander, mint, oregano, rosemary, sage, thyme, etc.)
- Salsa (unsweetened)
- Soy sauce
- The spices are fresh or dried (chili powder, cardamom, cinnamon, cumin, curry, garlic powder, ginger powder, onion powder, paprika, pepper, turmeric, etc.)
A rough plan of the diet on the ketogenic diet
To succeed on a keto diet, it should be borne in mind that the dishes that you cook, should be low in carbohydrates and high in fats. Do you need ideas? Read on!
Further will be presented a sample of the food on the keto diet, studying which you will be able to understand what you can eat tasty and properly.
- Omelet of 2 eggs with cheese, onions and peppers
- Cream cheese pancakes (without flour!)
- Smoked salmon, eggs, avocado (half)
- Salad keto, Caesar
- Chicken salad
- Fried in butter mushrooms
- Green beans with bacon
- Grill pork tenderloin with mozzarella
Ideas for snacks:
- Fried eggs
- Celery with almond oil
- Black olives with cheddar cheese
- Tomato slices, thickly cheese and basil