In the pursuit of harmony, taut and harmonious character of the people start exercise and follow a healthy diet. The first problem with which they have to meet, is diet. Few people realize that the problem lies in the excessive consumption of simple carbohydrates. And once you learn the information in popular sources, is not read to the end, to completely exclude from the diet of carbohydrates. And here are beginning to era, health problems, decline of forces, and so on. Where is the balance, right? Completely wrong! Let's understand.
For the past several years there has been a radical change of ideas about why a person gains weight. The broad masses, to realize that carbohydrates, not dietary fat, are converted into the subcutaneous fat, and are one of the main causes of obesity.
A long period of dieting with a low-fat diet form the basis of methods of weight loss, but the real commotion caused by a diet low in carbohydrates, shows high results in reducing excess weight. Research it is shown that simple and complex carbohydrates differently acts on the body. Excessive consumption of foods with a high content of carbohydrates leads to overweight.
In this article you will learn:
- what is the diet with low content of carbohydrates and as fat loss;
- the strengths and weaknesses of the method;
- what products are present in the diet of a diet low in carbohydrates;
- interesting recipes low-carbohydrate meals for the fabrication of a full-fledged menu.
What is the essence of weight loss methods
Carbohydrates provide the body with the necessary amount of energy that is spent during the day on the vital processes and during physical activity. A complete rejection of the macro-element will result in collapse in the work of the functional systems, and the excess of the received energy will lead to an increase in body fat. In diet low-carb diet includes a slow (complex) carbohydrates that do not cause a strong jump in blood sugar and the longer they are converted into energy.
The essence of the method lies in the fact that from the first day of the diet for safe and effective weight loss each day the amount of simple carbohydrates decreases, while the proteins are increased. Due to this, the body starts the following processes:
- A previously derived energy enters into a deficit, which is forcing the search for a new source.
- Glycogen in the first 2-3 days of the diet becomes the main supplier of energy.
- Further split fats, synthesize additional source of energy – ketones.
Warehouse compared the benefit of low-carb and low-fat diet, weight loss, have shown that people who reduce to a minimum the amount of carbohydrate lost for 6 months lost more than those who stuck to a low-lipid diet. In the low-carbohydrate diet, the subjects after the meal they felt a sense of saturation, because proteins and fats are digested more slowly than carbohydrates. In addition, the increase in blood sugar levels and insulin production took place gradually. And that means that they had sudden bursts of energy that change fatigue and a greater feeling of hunger.
Conclusion: the principle of the diet – the biochemical processes that help to burn fat and loss pounds. It is important to remember that during a diet the fat layer falls evenly throughout the body, thus locally reduce the amount of impossible.
The advantages and disadvantages of
The low carbohydrate content in the menu can have a beneficial effect on the condition of the body, normalizing digestion, increases metabolic processes and rejuvenating.
- on a diet occurs hungry, the forces remain at the same level, lacking weakness;
- it is suitable for diabetics;
- good nutrition for men and women with the goal of weight loss;
- it is suitable for low, medium and high activity level;
- does not require significant changes in the estimates of daily calorie needs to lose weight, different indicators for protein and carbohydrates.
Reduce the amount of macro-element helps to lose weight and improve health, is recommended when:
- excessive weight;
- intense exercise;
- violation of the endocrine system;
- oncological diseases.
Method has earned the trust between athletes and the speakers bodybuilders - it is reliable option to get relief, reduces the percentage of subcutaneous fat and preserving lean muscle mass.
But there are disadvantages to diet:
- constipation - reduce the amount of fiber, which is associated with a reduction in the intake of carbohydrates, it can lead to problems with digestion;
- carbohydrate starvation can cause headaches, irritability and nervousness;
- exacerbation of chronic diseases;
- increases the burden on the liver;
- potassium and sodium are in short supply;
- lack of carbohydrates reduces the concentration of attention that is critical for people who have mental health problems;
- an increase in cholesterol, because of the large number of products of animal origin, which provokes the development of diseases of cardiovascular system;
With a low carbohydrate diet is not included in the list of methods that it is possible to hold in several years, because of the large list of banned products creates additional stress for the body. So after a few weeks or months of restrictions on a person once again return to the usual for yourself diet.
The balance of protein, fats, carbohydrates
The main source of protein on a low-carb diet - the products of animal origin: meat, poultry, offal, cottage cheese, eggs. For vegetarians the alternative is to become legumes and nuts.
The ratio of proteins, fats and carbohydrates in the diet is found to be in the range of:
- Egg whites 40-50%;
- Fats 30-35%;
- Carbohydrates 20-25%.
The opinion of doctors-nutritionists
Nutritionists with caution to talk about the method, because a diet low in carbohydrates (week or month) means to eat 50-70 g of the macro element in the day. Lack of it leads to undesirable disorders with a variety of side effects, like excess.
Doctors recommend to give preference to the correct and balanced diet, by controlling the flow of carbohydrates products. Healthy eating habits combined with physical exercise will help reduce the amount of body fat – the method cannot be attributed to the express of weight loss, but without injury to health.
Before you "go on a diet" it is necessary to consult a doctor, because of the high content of protein foods is contraindicated for people with impaired perception of metabolism (for example, kidney stones disease, gout). The fact is that when a normal diet, these metabolic disorders can manifest themselves, and this means that you may not even know about the availability of each disorder. Changing your diet in the direction of increasing protein intake, you can support in your body running hard failure mechanism.
Excessive drinking fatty foods contraindicated in diseases of the digestive tract (cholecystitis, pancreatitis, gallstone disease, gastric ulcer, gastritis). Fatty food causes the intake of a large amount of cholesterol, which can cause formation or accelerate the growth of atherosclerotic plaques.
Method of weight loss also not recommended:
- pregnant and lactating;
- persons under the age of 18 years;
- when the cardiovascular disease;
- at the time of exacerbation of chronic diseases.
The basic rules of low-carb diet
The method provides eat minimal portions of carbohydrates, sufficient to maintain the functions of the body. For women it is necessary to 2 grams per kilogram of body weight, men – 3 g. If the daily dose of consumption is 120-150 g, then for weight loss the figure smoothly and gradually decreases up to 50-70 grams per day. Protein foods becomes deputy energy source and supports the tone of the muscle tissue.
Low content of carbohydrates in the diet reduces insulin levels, which inhibits appetite. Ketone bodies that come with animal and vegetable proteins and fats, blocking the flow of information about the feeling of hunger.
Achieve your goals will help the observance of certain principles:
- exclude from the diet products with a high glycemic index;
- in addition, take vitamins and minerals;
- the preferred method of cooking – stewing, boiling, grilling, a few. Stir fry the ingredients, no added oil or with a small amount of;
- don't skip meals and do not reduce the calorie intake;
- intake of complex carbs to the first half and before the training, the second – protein foods;
- definitely for breakfast;
- stay hydrated: at least 2 liters of clean fluid.
Do not forget that the correct counting of daily energy needs for weight loss – this is the first step, before you start any diet.
The list of products for maintaining a low-carb diet extensive that diversifies the menu and not let you starve. It is important to learn information about the component using the table calorie foods or on the label.
Table of permitted products
Diet follows certain restrictions. Using the table you can get acquainted with the products, suitable for low-carbohydrate diets.
|Grocery group||Permitted foods|
|Meat||Lean pork, veal and beef meat, poultry, offal|
|Fish and seafood||Marine fish: salmon, salmon, cod, mackerel, herring, tuna, halibut Seafood – no restrictions|
|Dairy products||Cottage cheese, cheese, yogurt, natural yogurt without additives – all with a low percentage of fat|
|Eggs||Chicken and quail|
|Vegetables in raw and canned form||All, with the exception of vegetables with a high starch content: potatoes, jerusalem Artichoke, yam|
|Mushrooms||Without limitation in any form|
|Fruits, berries||Citrus fruits, green not sweet apples|
|Cereals||Oatmeal long cooking brown rice and buckwheat|
|Nuts and seeds||Without limitation|
|Sweeteners||Without sorbitol and fructose|
|Drinks||Coffee, tea - no added sugar, mineral water, vegetable juices|
If the favorite product is not in the list of permitted ingredients, and then, most likely, it turned out to be a banned list:
- bakery and confectionery products;
- after hardening of the grits (white rice, oatmeal quick cooking, grits), pasta made of first-class wheat;
- potatoes, corn;
- semi-finished products, smoked products;
- food ingredients (mayonnaise, ketchup and sauces, with the exception of soy);
- sweet fruit (banana, grapes);
- sugar and sugar products;
- packed juices, fruit drinks (due to added sugar);
- alcoholic beverages.
It is necessary to abandon the products listed above is for the first time, and after 3-4 weeks of gradually small portions to enter back into the diet.
Sample menu for a week
At first glance it seems that the low-carb diet is not diverse, however, in advance of the menu on the week you can make sure that the income is obtained saturated. An alternative option menu on the week you can take from another video.
Table: the expected menu of low-carb diet for 7 days
In the table are entered can be a combination of breakfast, lunch and dinner, which you can take as a basis and replace a favorite food. Do not forget that it is important to correctly produce the calculation of calorie prepared food for compliance with the daily norms of consumption of energy. Possible alternation and repetition products.
|1 day||Cheese casserole without sugar + tomato/cucumber||Grapefruit||The flakes of brown rice with vegetables||Kefir 1%||Steamed fish + coleslaw + bread|
|2 day||Scrambled eggs or an omelet from two eggs + chicken meat||Cottage cheese with low fat content||The mushroom soup with the addition of low-fat sour cream + bread||Kefir 1% with chopped cucumber and herbs||Boiled beef + salad of cucumbers and tomatoes|
|3 day||Steamed vegetables with grated cheese||Apple||Vegetable soup in chicken broth||Milk 1,5%||Boiled breast + steamed cabbage|
|4 day||Oatmeal with grated apple||Grapefruit||Buckwheat porridge + beet salad||Cottage cheese with low fat content||Ragout of veal or chicken meat with vegetables|
|5 day||Cheese + boiled egg||Apple||Cooked brown rice + seafood||Kefir 1%||Vegetable salad + lean steaks of beef|
|6 day||Cheese + cooked egg + bread||Natural yogurt without sugar 1.5%||Baked meat + vegetable salad||Kiwi||Steamed vegetables + cooked fish|
|7 day||Dairy buckwheat porridge||Cottage cheese with low fat content||Fish, baked with vegetables||Kefir 1%||Roast breast + fresh vegetables and fresh herbs|
Long-term diet with low carbohydrate (30 days) must include a Cheat meal or reefed, to avoid the slowdown of metabolism.
Output from the diet
Diet with low content of carbohydrates differ in efficiency and availability, but after 2 months it is necessary to return to the usual diet. The output takes place gradually, to minimize stress for the organism, and not return the previously discarded kilograms.
To the regular diet come back in 3-4 weeks:
- in the first and the second week it increases the amount of fruits and vegetables (contain starch);
- the third week – a reduction of protein foods by the addition of cereals;
- the number of calories also is growing every day.
What can be cooked in a period of weight loss tasty recipes
Hypo-carbohydrate diet - there's no reason to limit yourself exclusively to the chicken fillets. A list of authorized products is extensive, so you can cook the best dishes or eaten on the basis of existing components.
Fillet of chicken slow cooker
Way of cooking:
- Chicken fillet rinse, remove excess fat. Cut random pieces, sprinkle with salt and spices, put on the bottom of the dish the slow cooker.
- Pour water, add bay leaf.
- Cook for 1.5 hours in the mode of "fire Fighting".
Total carbohydrates: 0 gg
Ingredients: - chicken fillet — 250 g; - water — 150 g; - salt, freshly ground pepper — to taste; - bay leaf — 1 pc
Veal with cheese in the oven
Way of cooking:
- In cold water, rinse the meat, cut along the hit.
- Baking grease with butter, lay out the meat, bay milk.
- Send in in advance, preheated to 180 degrees oven for 40 minutes.
- Immediately after the meat season with salt, add the salt and spices according to taste.
- Cheese cut into thin slices, spread evenly on the meat, put back in the oven another 30 minutes.
Total carbohydrates: 7,7 gg
Ingredients: - veal turbines — 400 grams; - cheese — 100 g; - milk of 1,5% — 100 ml; - vegetable oil — 20 ml; - salt, pepper, spices — to taste.