The most effective diet for weight loss.
So let's start with the low-carb diet...
1. A diet with low carbohydrate
Low-carb diet is an eating plan in which emphasis is placed on protein and fat and reducing carbohydrates.
There are many different types of low-carbohydrate diets and studies show that they actually work for weight loss and can even improve health.
Please exclude from your diet the following foods
- Sugar: soft drinks, fruit juices, sweets, ice cream and so.
- Cereals containing gluten: wheat, barley and rye. Here also belong the products of these cereals: bread and pasta.
- Trans - fats:.
- Heavily saturated, omega-6 fats, vegetable oils: soy, corn, canola oil and so on.
- Artificial sweeteners: aspartame, saccharin, sucralose, cyclamate and acesulfame potassium. Use instead of them Stévia.
- Low-fat dairy products: many dairy products, cereals, crackers, etc.
- Highly processed foods: all cooked right in the home
Enter the following foods to your diet
- Meat: lean beef, lamb, pork, chicken.
- Fish: salmon, trout, sardines, herring (wild preferably fish).
- Eggs: buy domestic eggs are enriched with omega fats.
- Vegetables: spinach, broccoli, cauliflower, carrots and many others.
- Fruit: apples, oranges, pears, blueberries, strawberries (especially to eat more of those that grow in your garden).
- Nuts and seeds: almonds, walnuts, sunflower seeds, etc.
- Dairy products: cheese, butter, cream, yogurt.
- Fats and oils: coconut oil , butter, lard, olive oil and fish oil cod liver oil.
If you need to lose weight, be careful with dairy products and nuts. Just make them easy to overeating, they are very calories.
So don't eat too much fruit, you will saturate your body with fruit sugar, which is stored in the form of subcutaneous fat.
Sometimes you can afford to eat a bit more carbs.
- Tubers: potatoes, sweet potatoes and more.
- Porridge without gluten: brown rice, oats, get the quinoa, and more.
- Legumes: lentils, black beans, kidney beans (if you can tolerate, or delicious to cook).
You can have them in moderation, if you want to:
- Dark chocolate: choose chocolate with a cocoa content of products from 70% and above.
- Wine: a dry wine without adding sugar, or carbohydrate (can be homemade dry wine, if you know how to do).
Dark chocolate contains large amounts of antioxidants, it you many useful properties.
Drink more water and other beverages:
Sample menu one of the days:
According to this plan, you will receive no less than 50 grams of carbohydrates per day and the right amount of protein.
- Breakfast: scrambled eggs with various vegetables, sauteed in olive or coconut oil.
- Lunch: Greek yogurt with blueberries and handful of almonds.
- Dinner: chicken steak with herbs.
Of course, at first sparsely. And if you are hungry between meals you can eat any of these products: fruit, yogurt, eggs, or two hard boiled, peeled raw carrots, stick of celery, handful of nuts, piece of cheese or dried meat.
2. The mediterranean diet
The mediterranean diet is based on the traditional foods that people use in their nutrition, in such countries as Italy and Greece in 1960.
Numerous studies have shown that the mediterranean diet is one of the best diets for weight loss.
Avoid these unhealthy foods
Probably all of these products are similar to those which we have mentioned in previous terms of nutrition, but all the same, you should avoid them:
- sweets: sweet carbonated drinks, sweets, ice cream, sugar, and so on.
- peeled grains: white bread, pasta made from refined wheat, white brushed rice and so on
- trans - fats: found in margarine and similar processed foods.
- refined oils: soybean oil, rapeseed oil , cotton oil, and others.
- processed meat: cold cuts, sausages, hot dogs, etc.
- Highly processed products: low-fat or diet products that are intended for weight loss.
Foods that you are required to include
You should base your diet on these healthy, untreated mediterranean products:
- vegetables: tomatoes, broccoli, kale, spinach, onions, cauliflower, carrots, brussels sprouts, cucumbers and so on, It's practically those foods that can grow in different latitudes.
- fruits: apples, bananas, oranges, pears, strawberries, grapes, dates, figs, watermelon, peaches, etc.
- nuts and seeds: almonds, walnuts, macadamia nuts, hazelnuts, cashews, sunflower seeds, seeds of pumpkin and many more.
- legumes: beans, peas, lentils, beans and so on.
- tubers: potatoes, sweet potatoes, turnips.
- cereals: oats, brown rice, rye, barley, corn, buckwheat, whole wheat, whole wheat bread and pasta from durum wheat.
- fish and seafood: Salmon, sardines, trout, tuna, mackerel, shrimp, oysters, mussels, crabs, as well as some species of freshwater fish that are available to you.
- domestic poultry: chicken, duck, turkey and more.
- eggs: chicken, quail and duck eggs.
- dairy products: cheese, yogurt, Greek yogurt.
- herbs and spices: garlic, basil, mint, rosemary, sage, nutmeg, cinnamon, pepper and anything what you like
- healthy fats: olive oil, olives, avocado and avocado oil.
The whole and natural foods and ingredients are key to good health and proper weight loss.
It is worth mentioning
Many of the products mentioned above is not part of the mediterranean diet. At least it is a debatable question. Partly because there is a great diversity between the countries of the region, and some, even, were previously imported into Europe.
This diet, according to research, is a typical high in plant foods and fiber, but is low in food of animal origin.
Of course, a big emphasis in this diet is given to fish and seafood. It is recommended to eat at least twice a week. After all, fish oil, warns that some types of cancer, improves heart health, skin, hair.
In addition, if you want to lose weight faster, then know that fish oil helps to burn your fats, and at the same time contributes to the increase in muscle mass.
The mediterranean lifestyle also includes regular physical activity.
The water also needs to be your drink №1. This diet also includes moderate amount of red wine, about 1 cup a day.
However, wine is an optional product. It is necessary to avoid those wines, which have relatively little alcohol and sugar.
Coffee and tea is also quite acceptable, in moderation. But avoid sweetened soft drinks and fruit juices, which contain a lot of sugar.
Sample diet for one day
This is a sample menu one of the days. You can regulate the size of the servings and selection of foods, based on your own needs and preferences. If you are active and you are doing that you should increase the portions.
Here is the menu:
- Breakfast: Greek yogurt with strawberries and oats (seeds).
- Lunch: a sandwich, cereal, vegetables.
- Lunch: Tuna or salad filled with olive oil.
- A little fruit for dessert.
But, you can eat more than 3 times a day. And if you get hungry between meals snacks. Use: a handful of nuts, fruit, carrots, some fruit or grapes, Greek yogurt, apple slices with almond or peanut butter.
3. The Paleo diet
The Paleo diet is based on the imitation of the nutrition that observed by our ancestors, hunters and gatherers. Contains whole, unprocessed foods that resemble those that were at the time.
Some studies suggest that this diet can lead to significant weight loss and improvement in health. You don't have to count calories to lose weight, however, as in past power plans.
Yes, and if you compare it with those of the diet we discussed above, this is something similar, but have their significant differences.
Avoid these products
Avoid these products and raw materials:
- Sugar and fructose: soft drinks, fruit juice, sugar, candy, confectionery, ice cream and more.
- Cereals: including pasta, wheat, rye, barley.
- Legumes: beans, lentils, and other.
- Dairy products: avoid low-fat dairy products ( in some versions of the paleo diet you can even see the very fatty dairy products like butter and cheese).
- Vegetable oils: soybean oil, sunflower oil, cotton oil, corn oil, grape seed oil oil.
- Trans - fats: margarine and various processed products. Usually they are called "hydrogenated" or "partially hydrogenated".
- Artificial sweeteners: aspartame, sucralose, cyclamate, saccharin, acesulfame potassium. Use natural sweets instead of them.
- Highly Processed foods: all of the artificial substitutes food.
It looks like something that already knows?
But pay special attention to the fact that this eating plan for weight loss completely eliminates grains and legumes.
Products that you must have
Your diet should be based on real, unprocessed foods:
- Meat products: beef, lamb, chicken, turkey, pork and more.
- Fish and seafood: salmon, trout, shrimp, clams and tangles you, if possible.
- Vegetables: broccoli, kale, peppers, onions, carrots, tomatoes and so on.
- Fruits: apples, bananas, oranges, pears, avocados, strawberries, blueberries and many more.
- Tubers: potatoes, sweet potatoes, turnips.
- Nuts and seeds: almonds, walnuts, hazelnuts, sunflower seeds, seeds of pumpkin and more.
- Healthy fats and oils: Lard, coconut oil , olive oil, avocado oil.
- Salt and spices: sea salt, himalayan salt, garlic, turmeric, rosemary and other
Try to choose organic foods of animal origin, which walked around the pasture and eat the right natural food. If for you it is problematic, then just make sure you're away from processed foods.
Now there are several "versions" of the paleo diet. Many of them allow some modern foods that were not previously known and open science.
These are some of the meat products, but from animals grown in domestic conditions. Some admit more butter, and even some cereals, for example rice.
It is possible the inclusion of a dry wine and dark chocolate.
When it comes to drinking, water remains in the first place.
Sample paleo menu
This sample contains a balanced amount of all the paleo products. Feel free to change it based on your own preferences.
- Breakfast: eggs and vegetables, fried in coconut oil, fruits.
- Lunch: Salad from vegetables with the addition of chicken, filled with olive oil, a handful of nuts.
- Dinner: salmon steak fried in olive oil with vegetables and a little hot sauce.
4. Gluten-free diet
Many experts call gluten is one of the strongest poisons in these days.
In fact, the harmful effects of gluten are one of the main subjects of dispute between the experts in the field of health care. They prove that your health is heavily dependent on consumption.
Fortunately, there are many healthy and tasty foods that do not contain gluten.
Order a gluten-free diet is the complete elimination of gluten from their diet.
However, it can be a major problem. Especially when you consider that gluten is present in various products.
To live without gluten, you will have to start reading labels on everything you eat. You will need to make major changes to your diet.
Foods and ingredients that should be avoided
There are several products that always contain gluten and should be avoided:
- Wheat : all forms, including whole wheat, wheat flour, wheat germ and wheat bran.
- Cakes, pies and desserts
- Biscuits, crackers
- Sauces and sauces, especially soy sauce.
As for the oats, then it does not contain gluten and is well tolerated by people with celiac disease.
Also, keep in mind that some supplements and medications can contain gluten.
Products that you must have
There are many healthy and nutritious foods that naturally do not contain gluten.
- Meat: chicken, beef, lamb, etc.
- Fish and seafood: salmon, trout, shrimp and more
- Dairy products: milk , cheese , yogurt.
- Vegetables: broccoli , kale , brussels sprouts, carrots , onions and other
- Fruits: apples , avocados, bananas , oranges , pears, strawberries , blueberries, raspberries and more
- Legumes: lentils, beans, peanuts
- Nuts: almonds , walnuts, macadamia nuts
- The tubers are: potato , sweet potato
- Healthy fats: olive oil , avocado oil, butter, coconut oil .
- Herbs, spices and seasonings: salt, garlic , pepper, vinegar, mustard and so on
- They do not contain gluten grains: got quinoa, rice, corn, flax, millet, sorghum, buckwheat, oatmeal.
- Other: dark chocolate .
All are gluten free.
Sample menu one of the days
This is an example of one of the days, which you will be able to easily follow. You can change it the way you need it.
- Breakfast: scrambled eggs and vegetables with fruit.
- Lunch: salad of vegetables and chicken, with olive oil and a handful of nuts.
- Dinner: minced beef roast on vegetables with brown rice.
If you have decided to lose weight and you are interested in the question, what are the most effective diet for weight loss, then my recommendation is to change the lifestyle and start your the correct eating plan.
The plan, which you will be able to easily follow. Here is an overview of 4 a truly healthy diet that will help you not only to lose weight, and it is shown that from a scientific point of view.
After all, each of them not only faster, lose the excess, but also improve the overall condition of your health.