We have collected the most complete guide to the ketogenic diet in three of its most popular species. You will learn how to correctly follow the diet and have the opportunity to assemble a menu for a ketogenic diet.
Basics and types of diet ketogenic diet
This type of food refers to the variants of diets with low carbohydrate. There are three most popular variants of this system:
- Standard ketogenic diet.
- Cyclical ketogenic diet.
- Targeted ketogenic diet.
The ketogenic diet is known for quite a long time, has a lot of supporters, especially among athletes. In the most general form of this type of food can be imagined as a diet, enriched with fats and protein components.
Carbohydrates the same currently on offer more than 10 % of the total number of ordinary ingredients. With the help of such a diet in the human body triggers the mechanisms of splitting their own fat reserves with the formation of the carbohydrate constituents, the workers in another source of energy.
The ketogenic diet in many cases can help achieve specific objectives:
- Lengthening of the muscles.
- The revitalization of weight loss.
- Improvement of parameters of strength and endurance.
Basically this type of nutrition is applied in practice by athletes, but diet based on the ketogenic diet, gives positive results in the treatment of patients with epilepsy.
Many wonder, what is the fundamental difference the ketogenic diet from the many other power systems with a low amount of carbohydrates. Really, the differences are not so much, next we will examine this question in more detail.
Understand the meaning of the ketogenic diet, it is necessary to take into account the physiological processes occurring in the body. Assessment of different variants of the diet you correctly choose the menu, in any case, awaken the appetite with a low content of carbohydrate components.
What constitutes ketosis?
Under ketózaom means the special condition of the body when it starts the processes of intensive training ketone contacts As the name suggests, it happens in reducing the amount of carbohydrates that come with the meal.
Ketone bodies, which represent a special structure, produced in the liver, the lack of nutrient elements (especially when the lack of carbohydrates). Ketone molecules are synthesized from fatty acids, are further transported in the desired body and recycled as a source of energy.
Education of ketone bodies occurs in the human body and without complying with the food restrictions, but their content is so low that urine analysis is not showing.
But when increasing the number of ketones in the blood (ketonemia) in the examination of the urine are also identified. Data manifestations show the presence of the organism in a state of ketosis.
The ketogenic diet is designed to change the metabolic processes in the direction of increasing the synthesis of ketones. When this is spent fatty acids produced in the breakdown of fats. Along with this, there is no need to be confused between each other such a condition with ketózaom defective origin, arising as a result of the disease.
The ketogenic diet: options
The correct selection of the ketogenic diet is largely determined by the speed of achieving the right goals, however, in practice, the choice of diet often takes place in a chaotic manner. In determining the correct options need to take into account the priority tasks for the particular person.
The most popular are the following types of diets:
- Standard. This type of diet is a classic. When the traditional ketogenic diet is not a scheduled period to replenish the reserves of carbohydrates, as in other variations. Intake of foods rich in proteins and fats, is happening constantly. The carbohydrate content of the nutrients in the food, and doing so is extremely low.
- Cyclic. As the name suggests, this option is diet involves the alternation of free of carbohydrates and carbohydrate period. The appointment of the carbohydrate period is mainly the replenishment of glycogen in muscle tissue. The intervals between the periods and the length of each of them are selected individually, in many respects it depends on the priorities of the person, the planned objectives and sport mode.
- Targeted. This variety of diet involves the intake of carbohydrate products in the short term. Usually, carbohydrate foods are consumed during the training window. In this case, provide the body with energy, the overall condition of ketosis is not disturbed.
In order to understand whether suits you you in practice in that or another option diet, it is necessary to monitor your status in the process of compliance. Is needed to evaluate how different motor activity, and health in general due to a change in diet.
Recommend to build a diet based on the traditional standard diets. Practicing this type of diet in the course of a few weeks, you can assess how favorably change the food reflects on all the parameters of the body. If in the short term, health is not a friend, then you can start a diet on a longer period of time.
Also it is necessary to take into consideration it, what are the ultimate goals are persecuted. Usually, this diet practice either for weight loss or building muscle mass. It is important to note that the great importance of a common energy value of consumed food, while respecting the normal for themselves at the level of the choice of diet is not so significant.
However, there is a perception that the classic ketogenic diet will suit you more, who want to lose weight and for building muscle mass, the optimum is a cyclic option. Prove it by carbohydrates period allow you to save them from the destruction of the protein of the own muscle (such as carbohydrates promote the formation of insulin).
In the classic ketogenic diet indicators for insulin are low. However, as practice shows, that in the long term, the data changes in the concentration of insulin not of major importance, and of the total calorie diet is highly dependent on achieving set tasks.
However, there are general advice about choosing options the ketogenic diet. So, a standard ketogenic diet will suit more people, not leading too active lifestyle.
Reducing the carbohydrates in a significant way will not affect their operability. This option is good to use in those situations where there is a training mode differs great intensity. In addition, a standard ketogenic diet is acceptable for a person with high insulin resistance.
When the exercise mode is sufficiently saturated, when the person feels the deterioration of well-being in reducing the carbohydrate food in the diet, it is better to give preference to targeted diet. Foods that contain carbohydrates should be consumed to sports classes or directly after them. Targeted ketogenic diet is suitable for those who train for quite a long time and actively; in this case a small intake of carbohydrates will prove to be useful long their limitations.
It is believed that the cyclic option to the ketogenic diet optimal. During carbohydrate and no carbohydrate cycles, one gradually adapts to the change in diet, evaluate the number of necessary products.
Cyclical ketogenic diet is suitable for those who deal with high intensity and at the same time feel a weakness in the lack of adoption of carbohydrate products. In this case, the carbohydrate period will correct the depleted stocks of the organism, which allows you to keep the intensity of exercise at the right level.
How to assemble the individual menu ketogenic diet
Compiling for yourself offer a standard ketogenic diet (CDS), it is necessary to take into account the individual characteristics of the organism, its needs of energy, vitamins and other biologically significant elements. These the same indicators that you will need, and for those who choose to cyclical diet or TKD.
If you want to lose weight, then the energy value of food should be less than 500 kcal from the norm. And if, on the contrary, you will need a set of weight, calorie intake must be higher than normal for the same five hundred units. These indicators can vary significantly depending on the physiology and energy of the organism. In addition, for example, for a cyclical diet provides an opportunity to change calorie meals throughout the week.
The ketogenic diet — is it the type of food, in which in a special way to calculate the amount of protein, fat and carbohydrate: protein and fat should be much more in comparison with carbohydrates. Counting the daily average norm of biologically significant elements for the CDS they produce in a certain order. Let's take an example:
- The calorie calculator will help to calculate the daily requirement of organism for energy. (We will use diameter – 2000 kcal);
- The standard of protein per day – 2 gr. dry mass to weight units. Respectively, a person weighing 75 units should daily consume 150 grams. proteins;
- Carbohydrates must be 0,20 – 0,40 g/units Means that the total number of 15-30 gr. in the day. (In our example we will use the second pointer);
- One gram of protein and carbohydrate has a caloric value of 4 units. We make simple calculations: 150+30=180; 180*4=720 kcal per day at the expense of consumption of these nutrients;
- We look forward to the number of fats: from the total number of calories (2000) is subtracted 720. It turns out that 1280 kcal is needed to learn from the loss. One gram of fat contains 9 kcal. The accepted quantity of energy divide by 9, and consequently, the daily dose of fat amounts to 142 grams.
This means the daily norm of proteins will be 150 gr., carbohydrates – 30 gr. and fats – 142 oz. Divide all the number of meals. If you have three meals a day, then suddenly it is necessary to use the 50 gr. protein, 10 gr. carbohydrates and in the first intake of 48 gr. fats, the other two at 47.
If the power supply is divided into five times, then we get: after 30 gr. protein and after 5 gr. carbohydrates and fats in the first two income at the 29 gr., and the remaining three — to the 28.
Permitted and prohibited products for the ketogenic diet
In this system there is very strict limitations. It is possible virtually all, on respect for peace, of course. Although there is an opinion that from the diet should exclude sugar and starchy products, since they are able to slow down the transition process of metabolism into a state of ketosis. But in small quantities, which will become a barrier, especially for people of a larger stature.
It is recommended to include in the menu the ketogenic diet, the following foods:
- Red meat and other animal proteins;
- Egg whites (not often possible, and with žloutkovo -);
- Butter, cheese, sour cream and other dairy products with increased greasiness;
- Various vegetable oils;
- Peanuts, walnuts and other nuts, and a pasty mixture of them, flax seed, olives;
- Green vegetables with high content of organic fibers.
In the period of the intensive phase of the diet is worthwhile to reduce the intake of sugars and starches. For this menu should be included various kinds of fruit.
The ketogenic diet: menu for the day, week
Consider the anticipated schedule of eating during the TKD with five meals for people with increased sensitivity to insulin. The calculations are carried out for the training day for the athletes with a mass of 75 units and consuming 3000 kcal (such a menu, it is possible to hold in one day, and week):
- The first intake of pre-workout: protein – 30 gr., carbohydrates – 40 gr., fats – 20 gr.;
- A second income to complete the exercise: protein – 30 gr., carbohydrates – 35 gr., fats – 20 gr.;
- The remaining three income the amount of protein, fats and carbohydrates will be the same: protein 30 g. on each intake of carbohydrates to 10 gr. and fats also after the 30 gr.
Hopefully this is a closer look at the ketogenic diet has become useful for you and help you make the first, and most importantly, the right steps toward the body of your dreams. What is the most important, listen to the voice of your body that tells you when and what exactly he needs. Don't be afraid to experiment and explore something new, because it is useful not only for body but also for the soul.
Every man, respectively, the human body is different, so, if, stick to a ketogenic diet, you feel that the best way, picked up a weakness and can lead a normal life, then do not force your body, but just accept the fact that you belong to the second category of people, characterized by intolerance of such a diet.
After all, the diet should meet its purpose, i.e. to contribute to the formation of a beautiful and healthy body, but also contribute to strengthening the overall health, without an integral part of your life.
There is no need to all victims of the diet and those who are advancing, fundamentally wrong, because to sacrifice one for the other not necessarily. And it's not important, it is good this diet or not, it is important that it fits just you.
Greater benefit will be when you stick to this action plan and diet that will not aggravate the medical condition, and vice versa, will be to strengthen it. What is the most important, minimize with the chosen path and confidently go to the goal.