Pancreatitis – pancreas diseases of inflammatory nature, whose cause is a breach of the speed and the amount of the outflow of juices and other enzymes, which are responsible for digestion, that produces the pancreas into the duodenum.
This disease has a negative effect on the vascular system, can cause inflammation and gallstones, and even become the cause of lethal outcome. Therefore, it is important to provide proper treatment in the presence of a diagnosis, and then apply that stick to a special diet, which the disease is not escalated and progressed further.
Nutrition for pancreatitis in the period of exacerbation
Often, in the phase of exacerbation of the disease, the patient gets to the hospital, where he as the first thing to wash the stomach. Always, no matter you are at home or in the hospital environment, in the first few days, it is forbidden to consume any food, this means that 2-3 days you can only drink water, purified still, either alkaline Borjomi (pre-need to release the gas), it is called this phase of treatment – the zero diet.
The daily amount of water should be no more than 1.5 liters (5-7 jars). If same, zero diet lengthen for a longer period of time, then from the fourth day, intravenously applied a variety of nutritious ingredients, and from the sixth to the seventh day, the domestic introduction of liquid food through the probe into the intestine.
After the symptoms sound is muffled, and the overall condition of the patient improves, gradually are introduced into the diet of certain foods and beverages: cereal, boiled on the water; unsweetened fruit compotes, jellies; soups-puree.
Food it is possible to consume in a warm form, categorically can not be warm, or cold, it must be prepared without the addition of vegetable or animal fat contain the least protein, as well as the consistency should be liquid or semi-liquid, with minimum calorie.
If the health and condition of the patient has stabilized, you can expand your diet to vegetables, lean meats, fish, potatoes boiled or steam form, crushing into a puree state at this stage of the disease no longer required.
Principles of catering in aggravation of pancreatitis, and right after it:
- fractional, frequent meals, 5 to 7 times a day;
- small portions according to the size;
- exclude alcohol, spices, sauces, oils, fried and dairy products;
- to limit the baking and salt;
- possible small amount of yesterday and a better day before yesterday, dried bread.
And as well, the body is the need for competent medical aid for the quick recovery of joint forces, and functions of the pancreas.
Diet for pancreatitis what can and can not eat
Certainly, in the presence of pancreatitis, type of diet should be followed always, but truth be told, only a few who do it, because all living people, and sometimes patients they violate the rules of the diet. And what is the most important, adhere to the accuracy of the and diet the first 2-3 months, that would be the pancreas got stronger and entered in the usual way of working.
What can you eat when pancreatitis:
- Lean meat (rabbit, chicken, veal) in the form of cutlets, patties, balls, meat souffle.
- Lean fish (perch, Pollock, cod, pike) - boiled, stewed in pure form or in the form of steam cutlets.
- Cereals, cooked in water or milk with water in a ratio of 1:1 (buckwheat, semolina, oatmeal, rice), from the other kas is better to abstain, or rarely cook.
- Pasta durum varieties, it is possible 1-2 times a week with the addition of vegetable oil, preferably olive.
- Ryazhenka, cottage cheese, kefir, yogurt with a low percentage of fat, but not fat-free, so it is possible to lazy dumplings, cheesecakes or casserole.
- Quality hard cheese, with a fat to 50%, in the amount of 30 to 40 grams per day.
- Egg once every 7-10 days, in the form of omelets or hard boiled soft-boiled.
- Vegetables in the form of porridges, soups, casseroles: potatoes, zucchini, beets, cauliflower, pumpkin, carrots, green peas, cucumbers; tomatoes and cabbage in limited quantities.
- Fruit in the form of puree, jelly, stewed fruit: strawberries, avocados, apricots, sweet apples, pineapple; watermelon and cantaloupe in a minimal amount.
- White, dried bread; dry-biscuits.
- Sweets, desserts: jelly's own production (not from the store, bags), marshmallows without chocolate for a loved one once every 2-3 days.
- Water without gas, a decoction of rose hips, unsweetened and weak tea.
What cannot eat when pancreatitis:
- Fatty meats: lamb, goose, pork, duck, especially the fried form (kebabs, burgers, etc.), canned food, sausages, stew, rich broths.
- Fatty fish: sturgeon, mackerel, salmon, herring, catfish, smoked fish, caviar, canned fish.
- Half-fat cottage cheese, glazed cheese, sweet cottage cheese, sharp or smoked cheeses.
- Hard-boiled eggs, scrambled eggs.
- Vegetables: radishes, raw onions, garlic, radishes, beans, beans, red pepper, sorrel, spinach, lettuce. Mushrooms is forbidden to be consumed in any form.
- Fruits: citrus fruits, berries, which contain large amounts of acid, such as cranberries, cranberry, as well as sweet and heavy on the digestion – figs, grapes, bananas, dates.
- Sweets: chocolate, cakes, ice cream, all nuts, coconut milk.
- Drinks: coffee, strong tea, soda, beer.
It is strictly forbidden to use any alcohol, because even the smallest of his income, it may become the cause of relapse and exacerbation of the pancreas.
Menu in pancreatitis
Everyone is familiar with the expression – "the Best of friends, the liver, the stomach, the pancreas – the COLD, HUNGER and PEACE", therefore, it is important to get up from the table with a slight feeling of hunger, eat a serving, able to fit into the palm and maintain emotional peace of mind, then the course of the disease take place more easily and is followed by rapid recovery.
Diet in pancreatitis, is not so terrible, how we implement it, it can be quite diverse, tasty, and most importantly, useful and safe. We offer to get acquainted with her.
Sample menu for each day
The first day
- Breakfast: scrambled eggs on a couple of of one egg, weak tea with bread;
- Nosh: 2-3 crackers with cheese;
- Lunch: 150 g of buckwheat cereal (in final form), zucchini, cooked or baked without spices and oil, 100-150 grams of cottage cheese with fat up to 9%;
- Nosh: liqueur, sweet apple, or baked in the oven;
- Dinner: oatmeal on the water 150-200 g salad of grated beets (you can with the addition of cooked carrots).
The next day
- Breakfast: 200 g of cottage cheese with tea or compote;
- Snacks: salad of cooked green peas and carrots, filled with a few drops of vegetable oil;
- Lunch: 200 grams of boiled beef in its own juice without any oil, tomatoes, bread, 1-2 types of, 150 grams of oatmeal in water;
- Snack: 250 ml jelly of the allowed berries/fruit with a minimum amount of sugar;
- Dinner: vegetable soup without meat-300 -400 g, a glass of low-fat yogurt or sour lotion without dyes and sweeteners.
The third day
- Breakfast: 150 grams of rice porridge in milk, 2 crackers;
- Nosh: one baked apple with cottage cheese;
- Lunch: 300 ml soup on chicken broth with meat, a slice of bread, baked or boiled vegetables;
- Nosh: 2 pieces of dried apricots / jelly or yogurt (150-200 ml);
- Dinner: carrot porridge in the volume of 150 grams, one medium pork chop on a few.
The fourth day
- Breakfast: a serving of cheese quiche or 2 pancakes of cottage cheese without eggs and oil, tea, or a decoction of rose hips with sugar;
- Nosh: 30 grams of hard cheese;
- Lunch: soup meat broth with oat cereal or noodles, a piece of bread, a chop, or a serving of meat for a few;
- Nosh: popsicles jelly 150-200 grams;
- Dinner: 150 grams of mashed potatoes, without butter, 200 grams of fish, cooked by boiling in water, 1-2 florets of cooked cauliflower.
The fifth day
- Breakfast: pork chop on a few, 150 g of grated, cooked beets, tea;
- Snack: a glass of water without gas, 2 cookies or crackers;
- Lunch: vegetable soup, buckwheat porridge 100 grams, 100 grams of boiled chicken fillet, bread;
- Snack: a glass of natural yogurt;
- Dinner: pasta fixed varieties 200 grams, the same amount of salad from boiled peas, red beets, carrots, filled with a few drops of olive oil, a major marshmallow.
The sixth day
- Breakfast: baked pumpkin with half a teaspoon of honey, a glass of yogurt, bread;
- Nosh: 100 grams of cottage cheese;
- Lunch: souffle of rice and chicken baked in the oven, the dose should be no more than 300 grams, steam zucchini, a decoction of rose hips.
- Food: baked pear or apple / jelly from the fruit;
- Dinner: oatmeal on the water, 200 g, 100 g of boiled veal, tea with a spoon of milk, 1 dried apricot.
The seventh day
- Breakfast: semolina porridge with milk – 200 ml, sweet compote with bread;
- Nosh: apple sauce/ cheese casserole – 100 grams;
- Lunch: vegetable puree 200 g, 1-2 fish, steam cutlets, a cup of yogurt;
- Nosh: jelly or jelly from the berries, the fruit – one cup;
- Dinner: chicken broth with potatoes and carrots -250-300 ml, a slice of bread, 1 cooked beetroot, weak tea.
As well as vegetables and meat can stew in their own juice without the addition of oil, eating such food is recommended, not earlier than after 1.5 months after a period of deterioration of the pancreas. After consultation with the doctor, you can enter new products and to expand the diet of other interesting dishes.
Stick to proper nutrition, with a full combination of protein and carbohydrates, not to overeat and drink sufficient amount of clean, natural water. Such simple rules of nutrition, will help to support the function of the pancreas, allowing the disease does not progress further and will be a good prevention and a useful habit for other family members.